Re: Noise, Harshness, and Vibration...

I'd start with the motor and tranny mounts.  That is
the first thing I did when I got my car.  It made a
HUGE difference.

Then I did the shocks.  Another huge difference.
Getting these 2 biggies out of the way will give you a
better idea how the rest of your system is holding
out.  When you do your shocks, check out your
bushings, tie rods, and all the other parts of the
front end.  Check your rear wheel bearings, brakes,
and TIRES.  Correct (good) tires can make as big a
difference as new shocks.

HTH
Mark

--- WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:
> my 84 GTI is going downhill. ever since I bought it,
> it hasnt been good in
> these departments, but it is getting worse. I know I
> need new dampers, and
> most of my motor and tranny mounts are shot. where
> should I start in making
> my car liveable for long road trips? as it is, it
> bobs, weaves, and VIBRATES
> horrible. I am going to go with bilstein HD's and
> probably some H&R's, but
> should I replace the motor and tranny mounts first?
> will a lower/ upper strut
> brace help at all? tia
>
> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To