Re: fuel injector woes

Kirsten Jensen wrote:

> I am replacing the fuel injector seals on my '79 scirocco, and right now I
> have two injectors that won't come out, and the two I did get out, won't go
> back in.  Any suggestions?
>
> Kirsten "Scirocco's are my Porn" Jensen
> '79 Scirocco (Shocky Jr.)

1. Lube up the new rings with motor oil, just before insertion apply
some saliva. (trying not to joke it up)
2. Take the opportunity while they are out to replace/ tighten the
injector seats- but too tight and they can crack.
3. If the proper tool is not readily available follow these guidelines;

- Don't pull/ grasp the lines themselves, only the injector body.
- A pair of vice grips clamped on the injectors and a big o honking
screwdriver leveraged against the valve cover will allow the force to be
directed inline with the injector. It's easy to pull at an angle which
causes the tight fit to bind up. (Place a flat piece of wood or folded
rag atop the valve cover 1st.)
- If vice grips aren't suitable you can use large needle nose pliers-
these have the advantage of fitting in the narrow portion of the
injectors body. Also they pivot during the injector's movement.

hth,
TBerk