[sorta off topic] Need For Speed (not the game)

I'm not sure if this link has been around yet, but I got it from the RS
list, and it's pretty cool.

http://come.to/need4speed

It's a site dedicated to taking photographs of cars' speedometers at top
speed. The current high mark is a Mclaren F1 at 391km/h (244Mph!!! there's a
quicktime video of it, too...).

They have the cars divided into groups by horsepower, and 5th place in the
100-150hp class is a Euro-spec Scirocco (215km/h = 134mph)! A lot of the
pics are from Europe, of course, but not all. There's a few other VWs in the
ranks, too (what is a Sharan, anyway??). Most of the pics were sent in by
"M.Lusk", whoever that is...

Check out the Golf 4-Motion in Class 2. 150Mph, and the pic shows traffic in
front of him and beside him! That means that either the traffic was HAULIN',
or he did some serious braking after snapping the shutter...

Neal