Re: 1st gear troubles + new questions

On Sat, 6 May 2000 00:18:26 EDT Captnbr@aol.com writes:

>Well in a rocco your not allowed, no if's and's or butt's:) Seriously
though,
>I have never been able to get into first unless I am nearly stopped too.
Peace

I can downshift into first in all of my VWs, no problem. I think its a
combination of syncro condition, tranny fluid, tranny alignment and
shifter condition. My new addition to the family, an 84 Scirocco with a
9A tranny shifts great. I haven't done anything to it but I suspect it
has had the shifter replaced fairly recently. Damn tranny is tighter than
my racer Roc's 4K!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!