Re: Valve tap dilemma...

On Fri, 05 May 2000 23:42:16 -0400 Dan Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com> writes:

>Unless the senders are leaking in large enough amounts that you could
>measure it in quarts per hour, I don't think senders will do anything
>for a tap.  Might fix your buzzing inside the car though.

If the senders are leaking that badly and you have done nothing to fix
it, then you pretty much deserve whatever happens to the motor's
internals. Forgive me for being "holier than thou" at the moment but,
that's just plain stupid to allow that to go on if this IS the case. Any
oil leak, for the matter should be addressed immediately and never
ignored. Especially when you can empty the crankcase while burning ONE
tank of fuel. HELLO??

Know the difference between a leak and seepage. Most all VW motors will
seep some fluid, usually oil, which is not a big deal. When you see fluid
dripping on the ground, constantly, that's a leak. if you just see oil
clinging to the bottom of the oil pan, or collecting on the intake
manifold runners, that's a seep. Its normal, no biggie. Annoying, but no
biggie.

>"do you want a valve job, or should I toss in a can of STP?"  I'm a
>big fan of "Valve Medic", it really works.

don't use a band aid on a decapitation. Fix the problem, not the symptom.
:)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!