Boge or Boge?

My car IS getting new struts.  The buick effect in a car with less than 100"
wheelbase, and high speeds is becoming unsettling at the least, dangerous at
the most!  I have a stock setup, 8v, and 125 k on the clock.  I decided my
poor springs are going to stay, I just don't have the cash to be replacing
everything I want to.
My question is this:  Should I get the hydrolic struts for $40, or Progas?
My local VW parts store only has the hydros, so and I am a bit hesitant to do
a mail order.  Another note, The roads here suck, bad; would I be wasting
money on nicer struts that are just going to get trashed anyway?
BTW,  I did stuts about a year ago, with $50/pair cheapass things... they
lasted litteraly about three weeks!!!! Never again autozone!!!!!!!

Thanks
Ben
84 8v