Re: muffler for a 16v

Here is my .02 on the whole muffler thing.  I had the
tt race dp and cat back with the magna flow.  It was
nice for the first 2 weeks.  I believe the comment I
made was "is this the exhaust everyone claims is too
loud?"  In a few short weeks I learned what they were
complaining about.  All the fiberglass was stuck to
the back of my car.  The sound is awesome at 7k under
load. Real intimidating but it is just too loud for
the street.  I have since changed to a flowmaster(50
series deltaflow.).  It wasn't too expensice $95.  It
bolted right on.  The sound is much quiter.  I didn't
notice any power loss either.  I haven't had any
trouble with the police since.  The sound is decent it
has that flowmaster sound-those who have them know
what I mean.  So It goes like the mastercard
comericial

Price of a decent sounding muffler $90
cost to ship                        $5
Being able to hear yourself think   PRICELESS!

BTW-  Neal my friend bought a replacement 16v muffler
(I think it was a bosal OEM replacement) and it also
failed within a year.  Not worth the $$ at all.

Tony