Re: SS fuel tank filler neck- Plastic tank

At some point someone may have lined it with a coating to prevent leaks
(either inside or out), but from the factory they're metal inside and out.

Starting with the A2 platform (Golf, Jetta, Corrado) the tanks are
plastic, with an integrated filler neck.  I remember reading in a magazine
about someone in Europe who had installed an A2 tank on an A1 Golf - but
it took some serious grafting of floorpans to accomplish.

A plastic tank on an A1 is like the Holy Grail to me...  Maybe some day
I'll have enough time on my hands to attempt to install one on a Scirocco.

Drew