Re: muffler for a 16v

On Wed, 3 May 2000 02:37:53 EDT Testastrega@aol.com writes:
> are they too loud without a cat? Ive been looking at one of these as
> a cheap solution to dumping my crappy magnaflow....does it have the
correct
> hangers?
>
> Shannon
> '87 16V
> Seattle
> http://www.geocities.com/dasstrega/default.htm

The Super Turbo?
With a race downpipe it will kind of sound like a ricer, but twice as
loud.

When I first installed a race downpipe on my '88 w/ a Super Turbo, it
sounded terrible and loud.
I was passing a car once and the girl in the back seat had her fingers in
her ears as I went by, and the windows were up...
That's when I decided to change mufflers. 8^)
I ended up using a Walker Quietflow, which is kind of restrictive at high
rpms, but it sounded much better with the race pipe.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, '86 GLi for parts