Front wheel bearing replacement/Front-end alignment

Well I finally got the 1981 Scirocco "S" up and running that I got from listening to the list last year. Remember it was free and had a blown head. In any case I had to drop everything and restore it. Now that its done I want to thank the list for all the help, especially Scott Williams who made the post to the list in the first place, YO BRO!
Now that I've been around the block with it a few times
it sounds like it's gonna need a wheel bearing or perhaps the sound is due to the need for its front-end alignment. My question is:
Can I go ahead and get it aligned first? Or will this need to be done again after the wheel bearing job?
(if it is a wheel bearing, hard to tell!)
No matter what happens now I will definately get it to ND for the show!

David Guido
1980 Scirocco (2.0L 16v in progress)
1981 Scirocco "S" (restored)
1986 Scirocco 16v (parts car)