Re: Fuba question

Kevin Collins wrote:

> Question - I have a new Fuba coming in my buttload of parts via Potter.  The
> shop wants to know how to get the current one off.  Mike says that he's not
> sure whether the cable is a 2-piece job - i.e. just drop the headliner at
> the back, disconnect and pull the top end out - or if it's one piece, which
> would make it considerably more of a clusterfuck.  Who has wrestled with this
> on an '86.5 16V and can comment??

I've pulled one Fuba from a Rocco that I think was an 86.5 (didn't double
check). That one was a one piece unit. It was a serious PITA, and that was in a
junkyard, where I didn't care about the interior. I hope you don't have to do
that.

The only way to know for sure is to pull down the headliner and take a peek. You
could also try sacrificing a small mammal to the deity of your choice. I've
heard that it can help sometimes. :-)

GL,

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0