Fuba question

Woo-hoo!  Just visited my car at the paint shop.  The $300 bribe to the shop
foreman is paying off handsomely (also reduced total cost by $600, so the $
was well spent) - the car is already stripped down, the minor body work that
it needed is done, and it's ready for the next stage of prep.  Now looking
at total of 3-4 weeks max to get it back.. sweet!

Question - I have a new Fuba coming in my buttload of parts via Potter.  The
shop wants to know how to get the current one off.  Mike says that he's not
sure whether the cable is a 2-piece job - i.e. just drop the headliner at
the back, disconnect and pull the top end out - or if it's one piece, which
would make it considerably more of a clusterfuck.  Who has wrestled with this
on an '86.5 16V and can comment??

Also - how long do you guys recommend I let the paint cure before waxing??
Of course I'll get the shop's guidance on this one too but welcome any and
all opinions from the peanut gallery..  :D

To those of you who have already committed to buying certain parts - I will
retrieve the stuff hopefully at the beginning of next week, then will
ship as soon as I see your checks.  I'm outta town starting Wednesday
so there's a chance that I won't be able to scoop the stuff till I get
back, but I'm gonna try.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0