Re: '82 Scirocco

> Well the tenth character in both places is a 'C'. So, it is a '82.
> But, I wonder what the "Z's" are for? Anyone know?
>
> Dash VIN:             WVWCA0530CK039371
> Engine comp. VIN: WVWZZZ53ZCK039371

  fields 4, 5, and 6 are for bodystyle, engine type, and restraint
system respectively. the only thing ican think of is that vw left these
intentionally vague was the chassis could be mosidified (larger engine,
different body stylings, etc.). i can only surmise why these were
labeled 'zzz'. if they were a little bit more friendly at vw we might be
able to find out.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com