Re: new rim follow up question.. tires?

I have D40 M2's on my car and they rock!!  Unfortunately they are
discontinued.  :(  But the Sumitomo HTR-Z looks to be the same tread
pattern.  I do not know if the tread compound is identical.  When my D40's
are gone, I am going to try the HTR-Z's.  Aren't GT qualifiers the ones with
the white lettering for the '60s and '70s muscle car crowd?

BTW, I've driven my D40's on the street and on the track.  They worked great
in both conditions.  They have plenty of grip; they approach their limit
gradually and they will probably last me 40k+ miles.

Scorchers are ricey IMO.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition