Re: Lake Scirocco in my car!

> IMHO this is a bandaid for the real problem. Save up thee duckets and get a
> new seal. It looks really nasty with RTV all over your windshield. No
> offense, Eric.
>
> Chris DeLong
> '80 16V (with a brand new seal;))

No offense taken Chris, but please do read on:

New seals rarely seal properly either, in my experience.  And if your
getting RTV on the windsheild your sealing it the wrong way.  You should
Lift the outer edge of the seal and RTV that edge, filling any gaps.  Has
worked on ALL of the 11 different VWs I have owned and if done properly
works for a long time (longer than windshields last around here
typically).  Additionally if done properly there will be on indications
from the outside of the vehicle that it has been resealed.

Eric