Poly bushing help

	I bought a set of poly bushings for the factory front GTI sway bar for my
mk.1.  I can't seem to slide the bushings onto the bar.  I tried using moly
grease as a lube but it didn't help.  I can't imagine being able to force
this bushing past the bends.

1.  Is there a better lube to use?  Silicone, soapy water?

2.  Would heating the bushing make it softer or expand?

3.  Would slitting one side compromise the bushing taking into account that
it is surrounded by a metal clamp?  The factory rubber steering rack
bushings are like this.

4.  Anything else?

Thanks a lot, benton-----