I hoped it wouldn't happen to me,(control arm bolt mishap)

A few weeks back, a couple people had some bad luck with their control arm
bolts.  Well, I was trying to change my control arm bushings tonight, and
the first nut I tried to remove twisted the bolt right off.  So, can some of
you who have dealt with this problem please tell me how you solved it?
Also, what can I do to make sure the same fate does not befall the other
three bolts?  Heat doesn't seem to help much.

Private email is preferred, so as not to waste bandwidth with a topic that
was so recently covered.
Thanks.
Ben R
Membership Coordinator
<http://www.volksport.com>
Volksport GTI and Watercool Volkswagen Club
"We support your VW Performance Addiction."