SV: 1982 Scirocco GTi

> >BUT, just because they weren't released in the U.S., does NOT mean that
> >there aren't any IN the U.S.!!
> Again, the US 82 Scirocco was never a GTi. Just like I said in my post.
> no errors in what I said, you just needed to engage in reading
> apprehension.
The original question was whether or not a Scirocco owned by someone on the
list could be a GTI.  Not what was released in the U.S.  Your response to
the original post made it sound like there wasn't a chance that his could be
a GTI just because they weren't released in the U.S.  I'm only trying to add
my .02 and give them hope that MAYBE it is a GTI.  Always a possibility
Shawn!!  Were there 82 GTI's anywhere?  The only one I know of is a 79 so I
don't even know if there were any outside of the U.S. in 82?

>From 76 the GTI was introduced and at least 83 GTI was available, think they mostly was called GTS, GTX etc from 84

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker