Re: Fw: 1982 Scirocco GTi

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:59:27 -0800 "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net>
writes:

>The original question was whether or not a Scirocco owned by someone
>on the list could be a GTI. Not what was released in the U.S.

Right and he said his car was an 82, could it be a GTi. I gave my reply
to his question, not to a broad spectrum of the entire Scirocco line.

>Your response to
>the original post made it sound like there wasn't a chance that his
could be
>a GTI just because they weren't released in the U.S.  I'm only trying to
add
>my .02 and give them hope that MAYBE it is a GTI.  Always a possibility
>Shawn!!

Well, sure, anything is possible. I cant give hope where there is none
when someone asks a specific question.

>Were there 82 GTI's anywhere?

Sorry, NO, not in the US. I dont have an answer for the
european/African/middle east markets. I simply dont know. But as you say,
there might be hope!
Must be somewhere, I have a badge. LOL!!

>The only one I know of is a 79 so I
>don't even know if there were any outside of the U.S. in 82?
>Dave

I know that some of the MK-I vintage north american cars were touted as
GTi's. Whats in a badge anyways.  :)

>P.S.  I read and understand what I read rather well!!  Lets not get
>testy
>: )

Heh!! LOL!! Sorry dude. Wasnt being testy, well, not intentioanlly. I was
trying to pound out a reply AND get to work on time. So I guess I sounded
a little short, wasnt my intent.
:)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and