[mkII] Tips on replacing fuel pump...

	My fuel pump (no transfer pump) is on its last legs so I'll be
replacing it over spring break. Other than not working near open flames :)
anyone have any useful tips for this procedure? I'm planning on doing this
when the gas tank is nearly empty and letting it drain completely into a
container to see if there's crud in the tank. I'll change the fuel filter
after several hundred miles on the new fuel pump. Have I missed anything?

TIA,

___Wojciech Galecki___
'84 8v Scirocco with a fuel pump that's become as loud as a shop-vac