Re: 86 Scirocco

--- Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
> And you other Q, I would not worry too much of your fuel
> pump sound.  for the
> four years, Oh man wait it will be five years next month,
> that I have own the
> rocco the pump has been very loud.  In fact this is the
> only car I have
> driven in which I can hear the fuel pump running.  And I
> have a 16v, with
> cracked downpipe, and I can still hear it with no
> problem. In my opinion they
> are very loud, I like it though.

When I first got my '88 the pump was *very* loud as well.
(I could hear it through the open driver's window!)  P.O.
claimed it had been this noisy for about 3 years...   I've
had a couple of VWs that had fuel pumps go bad, so I wound
up replacing it for piece of mind since I drive this car
all over creation.  (Woo hoo, London Ontario after work
tonight!)

Even a new pump is louder than most cars though...   nature
of the beast!

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S