A/C Removal

hey, volks... i'm pretty sure this has been covered already.  anyway, i
finally decided to ditch the a/c in my 16v.  i know the correct brackets,
mounts, and pulley can be bought for $$$.  well, i found someone parting out
an 85 gti which didn't have the a/c.  i'm thinking of getting all the parts
pertaining to the alternator (mounting bracket, pulley, adjusting arm, belt,
and the 90 alternator itself).  sounds like a plan to me but i need the
list's input before i commit to this purchase.  are there any other
alternatives? tia

michael