'rocc won't start

Greetings, listers.

My rocc won't start. Grr. Here's what's happened so far:

Tested coil and module. Coil was fine, module tested bad. Replaced module (5 year warranties rule), got spark (real good spark too, I zapped myself. Oops.) Still nothing. Spark is going to all 4 cylinders, so the timing belt's ok. Talked to a mechanic yesterday, he said to unplug the cold start thingy and see what happened. I did this after work today, it fired, turned a couple revs, and quit. I plugged it back in and it STARTED!?!?! Needless to say, there was some rejoicing, then cursing(Don't leave your toolkit on a rough running engine). After picking up my tools, I tried starting it again. I cranked it a few times and it started AGAIN!!! It ran rough till about 2000 rpms, then smoothed out. OK, this is kewl, just needs to run, I thought. I took my foot off the gas, it stalled immediately. I cranked it again, it started again, and still wouldn't idle. Then, it stalled again, and will not start. It turns over, but will not fire. WTF???

Bashing my head on my desk and cursing my luck,

Zach
86 8v   (I hope it runs before sunroof season starts)
89 S10 (Ol' Faithful)