Re: WA VW Thiefs strike again....

> Red blinking LED... good idea. Anyone got a way to wire one up and have it
> run off a battery and a toggle switch or something close to it?
> Tyler

****FYI, There are Light Emitting Diodes that have a relay chip installed in
them so that they blink with a consistent  power source, these are normally a
little larger that the common 1.5v small LED's , and I have seen them in 6 and
12v versions. Also I have seen little self contained battery operated LED's that
blink just like an alarm warning light. They are actually made to function as a
fake alarm light, you just stick it somewhere visible in your car and turn the
little bugger on. These would be much more convenient  approaches than trying to
hook up resistors to cut down the voltage and a relay to provide the blinking
just to have a fake light in your car.
I however do not recommend this, If you value your possessions, I suggest
investing in a quality alarm system with a sound wave generator that commonly
emits around 125db pulses, enough to permanently damage the ear drum, this
actually causes excruciating pain to the thief, and even an ignorant low-life
thief knows that no stereo is worth a damaged ear drum.

HTH
Nathan