Drive-by wave

Ok, here it goes... I'm driving along in by boss' car, not a VW :-( and a Scirocco Slegato drives by in my colour and like mine, appears to be stock.  I get my boss to chase my "stolen" car.  We catch up and it ain't mine - Phew!  I give him a thumbs up, he ignores me! I'm confused - I don't understand. At the next light, I try to talk to the guy, tell him I have EXACTLY the same car, he says and I quote "Good for you, you wanna buy this one".  AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
It's one of those times that I wish I had extra cash and I would have bought it on the spot so that car could be appreciated.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I like cars, I love VWs and I kinda forget that not all VW drivers are fanatics.  But still... it was a Slegato, just like mine. Deep breath OK I'm fine.
(That feels better - Thanks)
Oliver Toronto 88Scirocco8V Slegato