Upper Stress Bar - 2.0l conversion compatible?

Might be a stoopid question, but...

I am thinking about getting an upper stress bar while
I have everything torn apart this spring, but now I
have a question.

I have a "friend" who is a dealer authorized to attend
the NM bi-weekly salvage pool auction.  Every time
there are several 93-98 jettas/golfs that have been
rolled, or otherwise totalled out.  My timeframe for
the transplant is a year, but I am looking at the
stress bar within the month.

are there any clearance issues with the 2.0 vs 1.8?
How about the Audi 5000 TB? which models have the
"tall block"

which stress bar models will clear the 2.0 and/or
Audi5KTB?

Thanks

=====
Mark