Re: stuck rear suspension bolt

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 UrGTI@aol.com wrote:

> do you plan on reusing the shocks you are attempting to remove ?

Nope -- they are pretty dead (stock is the word, I think :)

Being replaced by Boge (unknown type) and Hor (no comments from the peanut
gallery, please, the whole set was cheap; I'll get H&R later)

> I  have come across this phenomenon more than once and have tried everything
> I could think of including all your suggestions .
> The easiest way is to cut the bolt off but you have to do it from inbetween
> the shock and the trailing beam .

Where exactly? There doesn't seem to be a lot of room to cut through (this
is on an '86 8V). I don't want to damage the housing it bolts into; the
shock itself is worthless, so cutting through the outer sleeve would be
fine, if not a bit excessive (except that it would work, of course).

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html