Re: 16v weird noises

Use a stethoscope and be very careful.  I believe the 16v valvetrain will
make more noise over time.  I know mine makes more noise than it used to.
The lifters eventually wear out and the cam chain gets louder too.  I also
use Mobil1 15W-50.  Your noise could be the timing belt slapping on the
cover.  Remove the upper cover and watch the belt as the engine is running.
GL!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition