Re: NON-ROC Canadian Rabbits

Aaron Ness wrote:

> While on the subject of US-built Rabbits, when did VW stop production at
> Westmoreland?

Not soon enough AFAIK.. I owned 2 turds that rolled out of that dump.

> Was the Rabbit the last model produced there, or did they
> build the A2 Golf there for a few years as well?  The '85 A2 GTI was Motor
> Trend's Import COTY, which makes me believe it was built elsewhere.

Lots of Golfs built there.. I think the last ones rolled off the line there
in '89.. maybe '88.. somebody will know.  My '85 GTI "COTY" (complete with
sticker in rear window) was my second Westmoreland turd, after my '83 GTI.
Loved both cars, but they had SERIOUS build and QC problems!

-kc-
'86.5 16V 2.0
'99 GTI GLX