Re: removing stripped alt bolt

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> Actually,
>
> it's a hex bolt which directly bolts into the bracket. I think that it's
> the old style alt bolt and it has no nut!  The hex bolt has been rounded
> and I dunno how to even turn the sucker. Hence I can only spin it from one
> end and this end has been rounded out. Any further suggetions.
>
> BTW, I will liquid wrench it for days if need be!
>
> Thanks
>
> Sal

OK, If you can get a pair of ig O Honking Vice Grips you may have
a chance to clamp down on it. Use a snap type motion when
breaking the 'seal'. Think martial arts type motion, 90% mental
concentration, 10% physical effort.

Another thing to consider is to flatten two sides of the bolt
head put a wrench to it.

hth,
TBerk