Re: removing stripped alt bolt

Actually,

it's a hex bolt which directly bolts into the bracket. I think that it's
the old style alt bolt and it has no nut!  The hex bolt has been rounded
and I dunno how to even turn the sucker. Hence I can only spin it from one
end and this end has been rounded out. Any further suggetions.

BTW, I will liquid wrench it for days if need be!

Thanks

Sal

At 10:28 PM 16/03/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Sal Guzzo wrote:
>>
>> As I was attempting the lucrative concept of ditching the a/c, I realized
>> that the asshole who installed the motor had stripped the bolt in the alt
>> bracket.... Now what?
>>
>> Once again, TIA!
>> Sal
>
>Liquid wrench it over night and tackle it the next day.
>
>This thing has a nut on one end and what on the other? Hex
>socket? Hex pan head bolt?
>
>TBerk

81 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S (16V to be)