[16v] boost pressure sensitive pressure control cylinder

anyone got one? for those of you going "what the darn
hell is that thing", its the little metal cylinder
gizmo that screws into the 16v brake master cylinder.
I seem to have the one at the end but the one near
the brake booster is missing. Do i really need it?
my brakes seem to be just fine when using the stock
m/c off my 81s. I went with the 22mm 16v one to conserver
engine bay space. now my intercooler actually fits where
I want it.

also does anyone know where i can get some brake line
extension pieces? I was going to order some flexible
pieces like found at the rear of the rear disks but those
screw in and dont rotate freely so theres no way i could
screw it into the m/c.

Ryan