Oil pressure light/buzzer fix

I've noticed several posts in the archives and one
recently on the oil pressure light & buzzer coming on
at around 2100-2500 RPM. Several people suggested
changing out the high and or the low oil pressure
switch; I did this to no avail. One guy suggested that
there is a circuit board in the dash(@$150) that is
notorious for causing this problem.

So I went down to one of the VW dealerships and asked
if there had been any service bulletins about it and
they found nothing. The service technician asked me
what type oil I was using and I told him 5W-30W, he
said I'm supposed to be running 20W-50W because those
pressure switches are very sensitive.

This all made sense because the light and buzzer would
only come on after the engine heated up to about
85-100 Celsius. I got home with new Castrol 20W-50W
and new filter in hand, changed all of it, hit the
road and I haven't had a problem since.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe