Re: NON-ROC Canadian Rabbits

?? wrote:
>> I think it was 1980. the 1980 rabbit also had those ugly square
headlights.

Drew wrote:
>I also believe 1980 was the last year for German Rabbits in Canada.
>However, 1980 Canadian Rabbits do NOT have square headlights - at least
>the 4 of them that I have don't, anyways.  If a Rabbit has square
>headlights, it's more than likely from the Westmoreland factory (depsite
>information that the Bentley provides to the contrary.)

I would concur with Drew on this one. I had an 80 4dr Rabbit, and an 80
Rabbit Diesel P.U. both with square headlights and signals (like the early
ones) in the bumper. I have always heard this particular style referred to
as the Westmoreland Rabbit. I believe they were made in the Westmoreland,
PA, USA. The German Mk1 Golfs (called Rabbits in NA) never had square
headlights. I think 80 was the last year of the German round headlight
models for NA but am not positive. Anybody in Germany know what was the last
year of the Mk1 Golf in Europe, 84, Dirk? The last year for the US built A1
Rabbits for NA was 1984 (square headlights with signals in the fenders).
Hope this helps clear up some, this is my limit of Golf/Rabbit history :)
Please feel free to correct me if any of this info is incorrect. :)

Randy B
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2068cc 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc 8V