Re: good battery location?

Try grounding it at the rear seat center seat belt bolt down. This area
is less prone to corrosion and isn't treated with that waxy anti
corrosive coating. In the engine bay you may want to get a power
distribution unit so you can have the option for power leads up front.
Please DO NOT FORGET...mount the battery in a sealed box that vents to
the outside if you are not using a gel cell battery. (ie. OPTIMAŽ) Please
e-mail ME at elf16v@juno.com if you would like me to send a step-by-step
write up I did. (it's in 'MS Word and I didn't want to get bitched at for
taking up peoples space)

Eric Ellis
87 16v Scirocco
working on a 16V/G60 2.?