good battery location?

I know that this battery relocation subject has been up recently, but now
that I'm actually doing the move I have run into some questions...
(this is in my 86 16v...)

So, where is the best location for the battery?  I was thinking of putting
it in the trunk behind the back seat on the passenger side.  Also, how
would you secure the battery?  Using a box and bolting it to the floor?

Are the rear bumper bolts a good place to ground?  I ran the positive
cable
directly to the starter, and then ran another cable from the starter to
the alternator.  Does this sound ok...or is there a better method?

I just need a little help in refreshing my memory on these detail...which
I tend to overlook until the time comes and I'm in the middle of the
project!
There's just so much to learn...
TIA

=====