{8v} timing belt stuff/problems

Hey fellow listers-
I need your help with this:

So I am smack dab in the middle of replacing the pass.
engine mount and while I am at it the timing belt on
my '81 S (It has a tall block 2.0 8v in it). I get to
the part about the camshaft covers and the removal of
them. The top is long gone but the bottom is kinda my
problem. I removed he water pump pully and the inital
crank pully for the a/c belt. I am then left with four
studs and four allen bolts. Plastic cover is still on
there. So to me I need to remove this sub pully member
to get the damn plastic cover off. After reading
through three different manuals on this process, they
all state that when puting on the new belt you should
line up the notch in the crank pulley  with the dot in
the interediate shaft sprocket. Now the pulley I took
off does not have a notch in it and it goes on any
which way; ie not just one way. Is this notch under
the cover? Also I really messed up one of the allen
bolts, and it is stripped. How and what is the best
way to get this loose? All the others are free.

I would assume that if I pull of off the timing belt
and do not move a thing and replace with the new belt
that all is ok. But some how I do not think it is that
easy.

All help is welcome

TIA

=====