Re: Work on my car

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:43:26 -0500 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:
>Here's the link to my quick web page for mods to my dash board
>today....
>More work to be done and will keep it posted..
>
>Thanks everyone.
>
>http://www.telenet.net/~juliemac/rocco/index.htm

Julie, being that your an engineer, im highly disappointed. You don't
have a single chart, graph and at the very least, leaders to explain
what/why it is that you did to the dash??
*sigh*

All the same, you might be the one I need to talk to since im not an
engineer (Well, I don't have a piece of paper saying I is one.)

Im looking to add a separate idiot light to my oil pressure system. My
recent engine failure was a simple low oil level situation which, when
pushed hard to the cornering g-force limits that an autocross course can
put on a lubrication system, well, the end result was a spun bearing. My
fault mind you, I should of checked the oil level that day.

However, if I had a glowing red light out of the corner of my (or my
co-drivers) eye warning me of a low oil pressure situation, I just might
of been able to avoid doing an engine build before its time.

So, how can I rig up a system to come on at 5lbs or below to make a red
light glow?? Is this something somebody can build for me? It should be
simple and its something I wanted to look into but after seeing your
dash, it got me to thinking and here we are, posting to the list.

I can build the crap out of any motor, I just don't like do electrical
stuff. I tend to let too much of the smoke out of the wires sometimes.
Let out too much smoke and it stops working all together.

Just like how my alt light suddenly stopped comming on and the battery
doesn't charge. Alt is fine, everything is fine. The LED in the cluster
that initializes the alternator to start charging wont come on. The LED
is good, ive swapped it but I cant find the problem. I don't like
electrical stuff.

BTW* More pics! More pics, More pics!! Id really like to know the story
behind your dash. IS the spedo mounted above the dash? it seemed to me
that you could of just removed the stock tach (Since you got a surface
mounted unit to the left.) and kept the spedo where it was and use the
other side for the gauges?? Just a thought.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and