RE: Work on my car

> >http://www.telenet.net/~juliemac/rocco/index.htm
>

> Julie, being that your an engineer, im highly disappointed. You don't
> have a single chart, graph and at the very least, leaders to explain
> what/why it is that you did to the dash??
> *sigh*

>>> Give me a break.... I built that in half an hour while talking to "The
Scirocco" on ICQ, whith my daughter and her friend over... Boy you guys are
really tough!

> All the same, you might be the one I need to talk to since im not an
> engineer (Well, I don't have a piece of paper saying I is one.)
>>> Edison, Firestone, and Franklin and others never had the paper. I don't
believe that makes an engineer. It was the original "Hackers" that built the
computer industry and the "gearheads" built the hot cars... A lot of the
engineers here in the states learned what is imposible, but not how to think
things out... (No offence to any one on the list...)

> Im looking to add a separate idiot light to my oil pressure system. My
> recent engine failure was a simple low oil level situation which, when
> pushed hard to the cornering g-force limits that an autocross course can
> put on a lubrication system, well, the end result was a spun bearing. My
> fault mind you, I should of checked the oil level that day.
>
> However, if I had a glowing red light out of the corner of my (or my
> co-drivers) eye warning me of a low oil pressure situation, I just might
> of been able to avoid doing an engine build before its time.
>
> So, how can I rig up a system to come on at 5lbs or below to make a red
> light glow?? Is this something somebody can build for me? It should be
> simple and its something I wanted to look into but after seeing your
> dash, it got me to thinking and here we are, posting to the list.
>>> The new system I am building will be able to be set for any red light
desired. Oil preessure is just one of the things I will check while live
running...

> I can build the crap out of any motor, I just don't like do electrical
> stuff. I tend to let too much of the smoke out of the wires sometimes.
> Let out too much smoke and it stops working all together.
>>>I don't do well with the motors... (rouines my nails) You build me a new
one & I'll do electrical?

> Just like how my alt light suddenly stopped comming on and the battery
> doesn't charge. Alt is fine, everything is fine. The LED in the cluster
> that initializes the alternator to start charging wont come on. The LED
> is good, ive swapped it but I cant find the problem. I don't like
> electrical stuff.
> > > Try replacing the light, this light light is part of the electrical
path for the field of the alternator. The the current "excites" the field
which allows energy to be generated. With out this the alternate never will
work.

> BTW* More pics! More pics, More pics!! Id really like to know the story
> behind your dash. IS the spedo mounted above the dash? it seemed to me
> that you could of just removed the stock tach (Since you got a surface
> mounted unit to the left.) and kept the spedo where it was and use the
> other side for the gauges?? Just a thought.
>>>The speedo is on the right side of the dash. The speedo was on the top
with Vac and Oil pressure. The speedo there will be replaced with a 2x40
display (2 rows of info and 40 charactors wide). The speedo will be the top
"bar" and the lower is for messages from a laptop/computer to control the
systems....

> >> I'll add some more pics and descriptions soon.... Catch you later...

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
'81 Scirocco (re-animating)
ICQ: 7704980