Re: Possible KILLED Tie Rod?

sorry to hear you damaged your car !
you probably bent the "Dreieckslenker" this triangular thing
behind the wheel - I don't know the exact term in english,
usually this is the first one to be bent on that sort of impact.

If you replaced that one and you have still problems turning your
steering wheel, then you probably have smashed
your steering-transmission also.

be sure to have your car aligned after all, the settings
are probably way of normal now.

HTH
Dirk - ( I'm abroad the next 10 days and offline )
Scirocco GTX '83 montegoblack 1.8l  EX 2E2
Scirocco GTX '84 montegoblack 1.8l  DX K-Jetronic
Scirocco GTX '84 montegoblack 1.8l  EX 2E2
NEW : -top secret :-)

www.Scirocco2.de