Re: Scirocco Tragedy (reccomended reading)

Allot of us guys also seam to forget that in our cars years they did not
allow for a whole lot of extra protection in the area of crashing either
(not like much is going to save you at triple digits) But I mean even in
this last year I know of 6 people now who have been killed in siroccos. I
have had a sirocco sine I was 17 and I love my car. But now with my 3 and 1
year old riding in the back of my car I am scared sometimes knowing that
there is little more than an inch or two of some pretty thin metal
protecting them in a side impact on the back of the car. I have seen
probably over 40-50 wrecked siroccos with side impacts and I tell you this
from what I have seen they did not look good for the passenger and back
travelers. I personally had a friend in high school who was a passenger of a
guys sirocco get beheaded as the guy lost control and rolled his car. just
about 7 months ago a bunch of local sirocco enthusiast were out playing in
one car (again over three digits) and lost it hitting a van head on killing
ALL FOUR people in the sirocco. I saw the car and let me tell you other than
being a sirocco enthusiast myself and looking really close I would not have
even know the car anymore. The car literally ripped in thirds. Now you say
that was probably what was left after the rescue guys tried to save some
people inside. Well I was second on site, I saw it early and trust me they
needed no help to open the car. I have little to no hesitation for speed. My
first time I ever drove a car on the public roads I was well over 100 MPH.
But now after I have seen so many tragedies in siroccos. I breath heavy even
taking some turns fast. Speed is addicting and almost everything addicting
can and might kill you if you do not know how to manage it. All I know is I
am personally going out to look for a Golf/Jetta/Passat tomorrow to put my
kids into so I can breath a little easier when I hear there was an accident
on my wife way of traveling to work (No not because of this post hehe my 82
died last weekend).