Re: Front lower stress bar?

Chris,
I am going to make some assumptions here.
You have a Scirocco?
This is the 16V style front lower strut tie bar/stress bar.
(The only one I would use, MHO)

Assuming this is the case and your Scirocco is not a 16V.
Two of the mounting points of the 16V style bar mount to the long bolts
holding the inboard front part of the lower control/A arm to the chassis.
You will need to drill two rear mounting holes into the chassis (not the
control/A arms) to mount up the rear part of the bar. This gets a little
tricky in finding where to drill these holes. I believe if you snugly mount
up the front part of the bar with the control arm bolts and mark on the
chassis where the back two holes are, you will be able to get the right
alignment. JUST REMEMBER, the rear section of the bar is mounted on top of
the chassis location where you drilled the holes, not under it.
If this is confusing, just e-mail me and I will send you a drawing of how it
should be mounted.
If this is a different bar, or for some other VW, this probably wont help
much

Hope this helps.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
Both with 16V lower strut tie-bars (cheap and they work!)