Re: (not really roc) BBS Wheel Refinishing

Kareem E Baddour wrote:

> Need the list's wisdom here.. A local rice-boy
> is selling a decent straight pair of BBS RA rims, but
> they have that god-awful Gold-finished centre (IMO).
> They're a good price, so I'm wondering if I can
> have them tastefully refinished in silver clearcoat?
> could I expect a decent finish from an average wheel
> refinishing shop (read: local shop)? Thanks,

I've had 5 BBS wheels straightened and refinished, with fantastic results..
..3 on a previous GTI, 2 on my current 'roc.  For a flat $99, bent rim is
fixed and completely refinished.  Looks like a new wheel when you get it
back.  The guys I used are Wheels America (www.fixrim.com) and they turn
the rim around in 24 hours.. in by 5, out at 8am next day.

One thing I would advise is to allow the new finish to cure for a few days,
one of mine came back still slightly tacky... but once cured the finishes
have held up like the original.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0