what the heck is that sound?

	I know these cars are old, but this sound is sooo annoying...

	Just recently (or maybe I just hadn't noticed it) everytime I under-rev
(even just alittle) I get this gross empty rattling sound.  If I step on the
gas at that point, it just gets worse and doesn't go away till my revs are
way up.  I have no idea what it is, except I hear it a lot on older cars.  I
hate it!  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  Any way to fix it?  It just
sounds almost like a can rattling or something... doesn't sound good.

	any suggestions?

	thanks

	sean

	84 nasty sounding scirocco