Good Aroma

So I'm waiting in line with the rest of the Taco Bell
losers, and I've decided to have my windows rolled
down on this mild weathered Texas night, I must have
been waiting 15 minutes to finish the whole
transaction. I get home and walk in the door and
realize I smell like I've used a 2 stroke weed eater
for two hours!
I remember having smelled this fuel rich stench after
having worked on the car a month ago in my garage(yes
with the door open and exhaust pipes on the open end
of the garage), we were adjusting the timing and
smelled pretty ripe when we went back into the house.

So, the question is what the hell would cause this? Do
you think that little fuel mixture screw may need
adjusting? I have just changed the oil, fuel filter,
air filter, cap & rotor, and spark plug wires. The car
has 155K on it and the screw has obviously never been
adjusted before since the metal cover is still intact.
The car idles fine at 950-1000 RPM and runs smooth
otherwise.

Thanks,

=====
Jeff Lowe