Re: e-bay item (scirocco stickers)

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Zach Vrooman <zach@discover-net.net> wrote:
> >
> > These look very much like the stickers that go on
> the
> > bottom of the door to
> > me. I saw one with this a while back, don't
> remember
> > where though.
> >
> > Zach
>
> Yeah, I believe they're the stickers for the lower
> door /
> fender / quarter on the 76.5 'rocco.  Check Jonas'
> sight,
> his still has 'em.

Nope. The lettering is too heavy. I don't know where
those came from, but they were not on the 1976.5
"Super Scirocco" (as the 1st FI U.S. Sciroccos were
billed).

That appears to be a VAG box in the photo, so it may
be a dealer supplied option (got to go look at my
options brochures!) hmm - just looked - not the 1981
stickers.

It looks to be more of a MK2 lettering style to me.

If you're really interested, get the part number from
the seller (he has the box, he has the #) and run it
through the VAG cd.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)