Re: [Sciroccos] Be Nice To The Newbie

Kevin Stoddard wrote:

> Hi, <snip> I'm curious
> what I can do to build a potent JH that my wife could still enjoy
> driving.  (ie, I'm not trying to build an autox-er, just a "healthy"
> daily driver.)  Recommendations??

Well kevin in Texas,

Welcome.

How's this;

- New strut/suspension bearings, whether or not you replace the
shocks and struts themselves.
- New A-arm and rear axle bushings.
- Backflush and refill w/ Phosphate free coolant, 60/40 or 50/50
w/ distilled water.
- Recondition the grounds and hot side contacts in the engine
bay. Vaseline the metal to metal.
- Add an additional ground from the Alt CASE to the block.
- Change the oil right off, think diesel stuff one time for it's
high detergents.
- Drain the brake fluid and refill with good DOT 4. Don't pump
the pedal when it's dry though.
- Clean all the debris out of the rain tray area. :) Clean the
drains too.

Running dry, but i'm sure I could go on.

Oh and get a bentley for it.

TBerk
Glad to have ya man.