Re: Recaro seat height cutdown??

Richard and Michelle Pizzulo wrote:

> I have had a pair of the Jetta Recaro seats in my Roc for about a year
> now... Anyway my problem is that they just sit too
> high...
> The thought of mounting the lower part of the factory seats had crossed
> my mind, unfortunately, I gave them to someone when I got these seats?
> Stupid Stupid Stupid!  Any ideas?
>
> -=Rick
> 84' 8V Wolfs
> Mobile, AL

Go to the wrecking yard or some other pick your own parts place
or off of some wrecker's back lot and clip out two seats from a
Scirocco. You can get some ratty seats for cheap (two bolts and
out they come), swap the lowers, keeping the good parts, and get
8 of the nylon slides for the 'feet' from the dealer (cheap) to
make them all like new.

Welding and such is not necessary. It's a VW, graft away.

TBerk