Recaro seat height cutdown??

I have had a pair of the Jetta Recaro seats in my Roc for about a year
now.  I had found them at such a killer deal that I couldn't pass them
up - $50 for the pair.  Anyway my problem is that they just sit too
high.  Has anybody ever got these seats and lowered them some way?  I
have been trying to figure out a way just to cut and weld the back arms
where the slides are, but am just unsure.

The thought of mounting the lower part of the factory seats had crossed
my mind, unfortunately, I gave them to someone when I got these seats?
Stupid Stupid Stupid!  Any ideas?

-=Rick
84' 8V Wolfs
Mobile, AL