Re: Motor mounts and inserts

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to defend poly mounts.  Polyurethane
doesn't seem to have very much shear strength so you'd expect it to be prone
to splitting on the rear mount, where there is a lot of that type of stress.
  I'd guess that the left hand (passenger side to most of you) mount would
also be prone to this? A friend of mine with a VR6 Polo destroyed several
poly rear mounts before ditching them. Personally, I'd go for the motorsport
mounts if I was that bothered about reducing engine movement. I'd recommend
poly bushes for the suspension arms, though - I fitted them and have not had
any problems.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8